Report of Dishman Carbogen Amcis Limited Dishman Carbogen Amcis Limited states the following:
- Net Revenue at Rs 5,293.2 mn in Q4 FY21 up by 3.4%
- YoY CRAMS revenue declined by 1.9% YoY primarily due to :
- CRAMS India revenue decreased due to past EDQM observations but on account of certain successful customer audits and production of certain complex intermediates, this is expected to improve going forward.
- CRAMS Carbogen Amcis AG revenue increased by 23.1% due to an increase in commercial revenue during the quarter
- Marketable Molecules revenue increased 21.2% YoY primarily due to :
- Carbogen Amcis BV revenue increased by 12.0% due to increase in sales of cholesterol segment
- EBITDA Margin at 16.7% in Q4 FY21 due to:
- Negative margins in CRAMS India due to decline in production on account of EDQM observations.
- Margins at Carbogen Amcis BV decreased in Q4 FY21 to 26.0% compared to FY21 average of 32.2% due to lower share of revenue from Vitamin D analogues
- The financial results for QIV and full year FY 2021, contained two one offs –
- Additional Deferred Tax Liability expense of Rs. 962.8mn on account of the change in Tax law relating to goodwill depreciation from 1.4.2020. There shall not be any cash outflow on account of this and this liability will reverse in the future years.
- One time impairment of inventory of CHF 2.77mn due to one project cancellation at Carbogen Amcis AG.
- Capital expenditure for FY 2021 was approximately USD 49.31 mn, which includes majorly growth capex related to the planned expansion in Switzerland and France.
- Net Debt excluding lease liabilities was USD 101 mn as on March 31, 2021 against USD 100 mn as on March 31,2020.
- Funds raised in the Offer for Sale undertaken by the promoter shareholder entity have already been infused in the company to the extent of Rs. 72 crores.
Business Highlights –
- Pertaining to the issues raised by the European drug regulator (EDQM), the company received the Final Audit Closure Report from EDQM in October 2020, wherein the company’s approach to remediate the deficiencies were considered as being appropriate.
- The company has a strong basket of about 16 APIs in Phase III development. The company is focused on improving its capacity utilization at its manufacturing facilities by targeting small and mid-sized global biotech companies and diversifying across new geographies.
- Recently, the company’s Switzerland-based subsidiary, Carbogen Amcis AG, , announced a joint funding agreement with a longstanding Japan-based customer to build a site extension at the Bubendorf site in Switzerland.. Carbogen Amcis will produce exclusively for the signatory customer a complex highly potent drug component for a commercial antibody-drug-conjugate (ADC) API.
- Concluded a commercial supply agreement to manufacture a Hypoparathyroid drug for one of our Clients, a compound that has been in development for several years and will now be launched by the Client in the coming months.
- 12 of our 16 late phase projects are now being prepared for validation during FY 2021-22 which is a record in the 40-year history of the company. These projects span therapeutic areas such as Antibacterial Infection, Lymphoma, Multiple Myeloma, Myeloid Leukemia, Hypersimplex and Gastric related disease.
- 1 additional early phase III project has moved into the late phase arena during Q4 FY2021.
- The campaign to produce a highly complex GMP precursor for a commercial oncology product for a Japan based client has commenced. This product is manufactured every 2 years by CGAM.
- Our development teams continue their progress on 3 new projects in the Synthetic Cholesterol, and Vitamin D2 areas that we are prioritizing across both India and Netherlands R&D teams.
- Awaiting the imminent publication of the results of studies performed by Boston University with support and product from DCAL. The data has been collated, compiled, and prepared for publication which is anticipated during the next 4 weeks in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition
- Bavla facility successfully completed several virtual customer audits during QIV FY 2021.
- Manufacturing of many CRAMS products underway at Bavla site.
- EDQM remediation plan being implemented and on track at Bavla site.
About Dishman Carbogen Amcis Limited
Headquartered in Ahmedabad (India), Dishman Carbogen Amcis (DCAL – www.imdcal.com) is a global outsourcing partner for the pharmaceutical industry, offering a portfolio of development, scale-up and manufacturing services. Dishman Carbogen Amcis Group improves its customers’ businesses by providing a range of development and manufacturing solutions.
DCALhas a footprint in India, Switzerland, UK, France, China and the Netherlands. With 28 research & development and highly potent (HiPo) labs and employing more than 1000 highly experienced people in the world, including chemists 40% of whom hold a PhD in Chemistry, DCAL has emerged as a preferred global outsourcing partner with capabilities across the entire CRAMS value chain.
DCAL is the first Indian company to get a New Chemical Entity (NCE) from an innovator for development and its successful commercialisation.
CARBOGEN AMCIS AG (www.carbogen-amcis.com) is a leading service provider, offering a portfolio of drug-development and commercialization services to the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical industry at all stages of drug development. The integrated services provide innovative chemistry solutions to support timely and safe drug development allowing customers to make the best use of available resources. CARBOGEN AMCIS AG is owned by Dishman Carbogen Amcis Limited., Ahmedabad, India.
For further information please visit the website https://imdcal.com/
Inbase Launches “Urban Play Smartwatch” equipped with a high-performance Realtek chipset for a clutter-free usage
Inbase, a leading technology brand known for its remarkable advancement with innovative di…